Some days, I want more than Ezekiel bread for breakfast. And some mornings are game days, and I want to fuel up my player with something healthy and satisfying, but not too heavy. These breakfast sandwiches are based on a popular fast food offering, but healthified. They have less fat, less cholesterol, less sodium and more protein than the drive-thru version. I could have these for breakfast, lunch or dinner. They are so good. And they are quick. From start to finish, about 5 minutes. For mine, I also add a few pieces of roasted asparagus and some arugula pesto. Ahhhhh, breakfast!
Skinny McMuffin (one sandwich)
Per sandwich: 390 calories and 24.8 grams of protein
- 1 whole grain English muffin
- 1 farm egg
- 1 slice prosciutto
- 1 slice cheese
- 1 teaspoon organic mayonnaise
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- In a toaster, toast the English muffin lightly.
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium heat.
- When muffin is lightly toasted, put on a plate and top one half with the slice of prosciutto. Top the other half with the mayonnaise.
- Crack the egg in the pan and cook for about 2 minutes. Flip egg over and top with the cheese, so cheese will melt while egg cooks.
- Cook egg 1-2 minutes more and add cooked egg and cheese on top of prosciutto.
- Top with remaining muffin half and serve!