Happy Halloween! This week, we are back to spring-like temperatures. It’s crazy, this weather, but great for trick or treating, running and yard work! Our shopping this week reflects a super busy mom–not only are we hosting a group of teenagers for Halloween, but Tom and I are running in a Day of the Dead race and I’m working late a couple of nights. So, we have more grocery store items this week, but we’re still focusing on the organic and making healthy choices.
Hope everyone has a happy and safe Halloween! Here is what is on our menu when we are not sneaking Reeces Peanut Butter Cups.
- The Produce Box (pears, organic kale, organic bibb lettuce, organic radishes, organic beets, pesticide free persimmons, pasture-raised ground beef): $40.00
- Trader Joes (mushrooms, steel cut oatmeal, chicken sausage, organic pumpkin, organic beans, goat cheese, frozen pizza, candied pecans, organic yogurt, frozen fruit): $63.42
- Wednesday–Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Thursday–Pizza (and, probably, candy)
- Friday–Swiss Chard , Beet Greens and Mushrooms with Egg
- Saturday–Chili with Buttermilk Cornbread
- Sunday–Lentil Soup with Sausage and Kale
- Monday–Leftover chili
- Tuesday–Pumpkin Coconut Ginger Soup