I know I resisted fall for as long as possible, but I am finally embracing it (which is good since I can’t do anything about it anyway!). We are all about warm, cozy, plant-based suppers this week, and I’m looking forward to trying out some new ideas, like acorn squash soup with heirloom beans, which is an invention born of necessity (I rehydrated too many beans for another recipe!), and pizza with pumpkin, sausage, fried sage and gruyere cheese, which has been on my mind a lot lately. Do you ever dream about recipes?
Our budget this week is helped by Tom’s big score! After a day of fishing, we have some lovely bluefish and mackerel that we will be enjoying over the next couple of months. We have a busy week ahead, but it should be fun as well! Have a happy and healthy week!
- The Produce Box (lettuce, yellow squash, tatsoi, string beans, eggplant, bell peppers, potatoes, heirloom tomatoes): $41.00
- Hillsborough Cheese Company (mozzarella): $6.00
- Locals Seafood (NC shrimp): $12.00
- Coon Rock Farm (Italian sausage): $10.00
- Trader Joes (organic rice, curry simmer sauce, pepperoni, sage, shredded gruyere cheese, frozen fruit, yogurt, Ezekiel bread): $42.63
- Wednesday (scout night)–Green salad with hard boiled egg
- Thursday–Girls night out
- Friday (softball night)–Acorn squash soup with heirloom beans, cornbread
- Saturday–Shrimp and vegetable stir fry with organic rice
- Sunday–Curried eggplant, green beans and potato over organic rice
- Monday–Make your own pizza night
- Tuesday–NC bluefish, sauteed squash, green beans