When oven is preheated, remove frozen pie from freezer; cut a few slits in top crust and place in oven. Do not thaw pie because no one wants a soggy pie. Bake 25 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F; bake 40 to 50 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and apples are hot and soft when pricked with a fork.
How long do you cook frozen apple pie?
Wrap the pie in plastic wrap and freeze until ready to bake and serve. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Before baking the frozen pie, brush the surface of the piecrust with cream and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 10 minutes then turn the oven down to 375 degrees F and bake until light golden brown, about 1 hour.
How much longer do you cook a frozen pie?
Many frozen pies need to be baked for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown in color. If that doesn’t yield a pie that’s done all the way through, try baking it for 30 minutes, then reducing the temperature to 325 °F (163 °C) and baking for an additional 25-30 minutes.
How do you bake a frozen apple pie?
KEEP PIE FROZEN UNTIL READY TO BAKE!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove pie from plastic bag.
- Place frozen unbaked apple pie on center rack of oven. Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees. Continue baking pie for 35 minutes longer. ( …
- Remove pie from oven. Cool on wire rack.
How do you know when a frozen apple pie is done?
Most say the pie is done if the crust is brown and the filling is bubbling. The truth is it needs to bubble for at least 6 to 10 minutes to properly cook the fruit.
What temperature do you cook a frozen apple pie at?
Bake on center rack for 25 minutes at 425°F. Reduce temperature to 375°F, place a baking sheet on lower rack, and bake for 30-35 minutes more, until crust is golden brown and juices are bubbling. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for at least 1 hour before serving.
How do you bake a frozen fruit pie?
How to Bake a Frozen Fruit Pie
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Unwrap your frozen fruit pie and cover it with aluminum foil. Place it on a cookie sheet to catch spillage. …
- Bake the pie for 15 minutes. …
- Uncover the pie and bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until the crust turns golden and the filling begins to bubble.
Can I put a frozen pie in the oven?
Place pie in freezer; pull out when ready to bake. When ready to bake pie, heat oven to 450°F. When oven is preheated, remove frozen pie from freezer; cut a few slits in top crust and place in oven. … Bake 25 minutes.
How do I cook a frozen pie?
When baking frozen pies:
- Bake the pie frozen – do not thaw.
- Place a cookie sheet in your oven and preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the pie on the cookie sheet. …
- Bake at 425 degrees F for the first 15-20 minutes and then turn down to 350 degrees F until done.
Are frozen pies already cooked?
Baking un-baked frozen pies:
For 6-inch pies, bake approximately 30 minutes. The fillings are fully cooked, so you are baking the crust and heating the filling. Pie is done when the crust is browned and filling may bubble slightly.
What is the best frozen apple pie?
The consensus was that Marie Callender’s pie tasted the most authentic and the best overall. That said, Mrs. Smith’s and Sara Lee both had something to offer. If you like your pies tart, go with Sara Lee.
How do you use frozen apples?
Frozen whole and sliced apples can be used to make apple butter, applesauce, jam, jelly, pies, cakes, cobblers, baked apples, and other baked or cooked dishes. To use a frozen apple pie filling, simply drop the frozen filling into a pie crust, cover with dough (remember to ventilate the top crust), and bake.
How do you defrost a pie quickly?
You can also thaw a frozen pie in a low oven. Unwrap the pie, place on a baking sheet, and bake in a 300 degree oven until the center is warm (45 minutes – 1 hour).
Can you overcook apple pie?
6. Bake thoroughly — and then some. One of the chief reasons bakers end up with apple soup under the crust is failure to bake their pie long enough. There’s almost no such thing as over-baking an apple pie; I’ve baked apple pies for 2 hours and longer, and they turn out just fine.
At what temperature is an apple pie done?
The way you know that the apple pie is done is that the juices are noticeably bubbling. If you have an instant read thermometer, you can insert it into the center of the pie. A reading of 200°F is done. At any point during the baking the top of the pie begins to brown too much, just tent it with aluminum foil.
Do you thaw frozen apples before making pie?
While you can thaw your apples before baking, it is not recommended to do so for pie. Thawed apples tend to get mushy, which is better for recipes that call for pureed apples, like applesauce cake or apple butter. For the best results, you should mix your filling and bake while your apples are still frozen.