Arrange your sausages as far from the heat source as possible or as close the lid as you can. -Allow the BBQ to roast the meat. The sausages will cook in 10 to 15 minutes depending on their thickness. (It’s very handy to have the instant-read thermometer here).
How long does it take to BBQ sausage?
How long to grill sausage? The sausage will grill for about 12-15 minutes total using the 2-zone grilling method described above & in the Recipe Card below. You’ll cook the sausage for 8-10 minutes with indirect heat before finishing over direct flame for 4-5 minutes, or until as crusty as desired.
How do you cook sausages on a BBQ?
How to Grill Sausages Over Indirect Heat
- Give the sausages a minute or two over high heat. …
- After a minute or so on both sides, turn the heat on your grill down to medium. …
- Allow the BBQ to roast the meat.
- The sausages will cook in 10 to 15 minutes depending on their thickness.
How do you know when sausages are cooked on the BBQ?
Then pick the sausage up with tongs and turn them through 90° clockwise (so you will know which side has been cooked). After a further 4-5 minutes turn them again and repeat until your sausages have been cooked on four sides. If your sausages don’t look cooked turn them to the side that shows least colour.
How do you cook sausages on a gas grill?
- Preheat the grill to medium heat, about 400-425F.
- Place the sausages on the grill, making sure there is space between them. Close the lid and cook for 4-6 minutes.
- Turn the sausages over, close the lid, and cook for another 4-6 minutes. …
- Serve the sausages on their own, or on a bun, with toppings of choice.
Is it OK if my sausage is a little pink?
When it comes down to the sausages, the straightforward is that pink color is completely safe to eat. This is because the majority of sausages are made from minced meat which means the pink color is evident. Also, this pink color will remain intact even after you cook the sausages.
What temperature do you BBQ sausage?
The Best Grill Temperature for Sausage
We recommend grilling sausage at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. At very high temperatures, the casing of the sausage may split, and cause the delicious liquid to drain out of the sausage.
Should you pierce sausages on BBQ?
Never, ever prick a sausage. … Cook sausages slowly over low heat on a greased grill, turning several times. High heat will simply cause them to split their skins and expunge their precious bodily fluids. Sausages also like a little rest after cooking.
Should you pre cook sausages before BBQ?
The skinny on cooking snags on the barbecue is first to take the sausages out of the fridge about 30 minutes before cooking. This allows the internal temperature to rise and will result in more evenly cooked-through snags. It also reduces the cooking time.
How long does it take to cook meat on a BBQ?
Steaks (½- to 1-inch thick): Grill over direct heat for 4-6 minutes per side (think flank or skirt steak). Steaks (1- to 1 ½-inch thick): Grill over direct heat for 4-5 minutes per side.
How long do you cook sausages for?
Bake them for 15–20 minutes for smaller sausages or 30–40 minutes for larger ones, turning them halfway through to help them brown evenly and cook thoroughly. If you find that your sausages dry out too easily in the oven, try boiling them beforehand. This can help them stay juicy on the inside after cooking.
What do you cook first on a BBQ?
Putting on meat when you’ve first lit the barbecue will lead to scorched outsides and raw insides. Aside from steaks or quick cooking chops, everything else (like sausages and chicken drumsticks) are best put on when the flames have died down and the embers are white.
How do you cook sausages on a charcoal BBQ?
The process is easy and takes only five simple steps.
- Start two-zone fire. Start two-zone fire. …
- First cook the sausages through. First cook the sausages through. …
- Use tongs. Use tongs. …
- Sear and finish directly over the coals. Sear and finish directly over the coals. …
- Rest and serve. Rest and serve.
How long does it take to cook burgers on a BBQ?
How Long to Grill Burgers
- For rare burgers, cook for 4 minutes total (125°F)
- For medium-rare burgers, cook for 5 minutes total (135°F)
- For medium burgers, cook for 6 to 7 minutes total (145°F)
- For well-done burgers, cook for 8 to 9 minutes total (160 °F)
How long does it take to grill chicken sausage?
It normally takes around 10 to 12 minutes to grill, while continually turning.
How do you keep sausages from burning on the grill?
Expert tips to help you avoid burning your barbecue
- Start at room temperature. …
- Manage the heat. …
- Use skewers. …
- Cook cleverly. …
- Make use of the oven. …
- Ditch the drip. …
- Reach for the foil. …
- Break up bigger pieces.