While the stove top method is recommended, you can cook Uncle Ben’s converted rice products in a rice cooker. When preparing converted rice, use the measuring cup enclosed with the rice cooker, which is actually 2/3 of a cup, not 1 cup. For best results, follow the directions included with the rice cooker.
How do you cook Uncle Bens in a rice cooker?
Add 1 cup rice, 2⅔ cups water and 1 teaspoon salt (optional). Cover and cook on HIGH heat until all liquid is absorbed, about 3 hours.
Can you cook microwave rice in a rice cooker?
Put the rinsed rice in the rice cooker and add water accordingly. Place the chamber plate then lid and clip to close. Put the rice cooker in the microwave. Cook for 18 minutes.
How do you make Converted rice in a rice cooker?
Add 2 parts water, 1 part parboiled rice, and a pinch of salt to the cooker. Pour the water into the vessel, add a pinch of salt, then stir in the rice. Add 1 cup (240 mL) of rice and 2 cups (470 mL) of water to make 4 servings.
How do you cook Uncle Ben’s jasmine rice?
- In a large stock pot add 1 1/2 quarts water, 1 quart Jasmine rice and 2 ounces butter (optional). Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let stand covered for 5 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- Transfer to serving pan and keep warm (160 F).
What is the best rice to cook in a rice cooker?
Brown rice is generally the healthiest option, as it is full of fiber and less processed than other rice types, though it does take a while to cook. Both brown long grain and short grain need around 40-50 minutes to cook properly.
Can I put butter in rice cooker?
Add water to the rice cooker pan. … Place the pan inside your rice cooker and close the top. You can also add any spices, oil, or butter at this step.
Can you put seasoning in rice cooker?
Make the rice following the white rice setting of your rice cooker. Once the rice is done, add the soy sauce, mix well and then fluff with a fork. Check seasoning and then serve. A delicious and simple herb rice side dish that cooks automatically in your rice cooker.
Are plastic microwave rice cookers safe?
But that doesn’t mean other cookware materials are all completely unsafe. The plastic used in microwave rice cookers is BPA-free and, of course, microwave-friendly as well as dishwasher-safe.
How long does it take to cook rice in a microwave rice cooker?
Use & Care
- Pour 1 cup rice, 1 1/2 cups water and 1 tsp salt into rice cooker. Fasten lid and open vent.
- Cook in microwave at 50% power (10-12 minutes for white rice or 18-20 minutes for brown rice).
- Remove from microwave with hot pads. Close vent and let stand for 4-5 minutes. Fluff rice with fork.
How do you make 5 Minute rice?
Use equal amounts of rice and water. BOIL water. ADD rice, stir, cover & remove from heat. WAIT 5 minutes, or until the water is absorbed, then fluff.
Can I substitute white rice for converted rice?
You can easily substitute regular brown or white rice for converted rice, just keep in mind if you use white rice you won’t be getting all the nutrients that you do with converted rice. Couscous, farro, and quinoa all make excellent substitutes for converted rice as well.
Is converted rice the same as parboiled?
Parboiled rice, also known as converted rice, is a partially precooked rice that has been common is Asian and African countries for a number of years. … Parboiling rice makes it easier to remove the husk of the rice before eating it.
How do you cook ponni boiled rice in a rice cooker?
(Rice Water Ratio 1:21/2-3 Cups)
- Place 1 Cup of Rice in the rice cooker.
- Add 21/2 – 3 Cups of Water.
- Cover the Rice Cooker and turn it on.
- Cook until it automatically turns off.
- Leave it in warm mode for another 5-10 minutes.
- Allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork or a chopstick before serving.