How do you cook a turkey on a Weber grill?
Heat the grill to 300-350F degrees, setting up an indirect heat area that the turkey will smoke over. Add the turkey to the grill and cover with the lid. Set the thermometer alarm to 165F degrees. After 1 hour, spritz with apple cider.
What temperature do you cook a turkey on a Weber?
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect cooking over medium heat (180°C to 230°C). …
- Remove the neck and giblets from the cavity of the turkey (if desired, save to make gravy). …
- To calculate the cooking time for turkey, allow for 20 minutes, plus an additional 20 minutes per kilogram.
What is indirect cooking on a Weber?
The Indirect Cooking Method
Indirect cooking is the cooking method that transforms your barbecue into an oven, where convection heat is used to roast or bake. The food is placed on the cooking grill with fire either side, evenly cooking the food with indirect heat.
How do I keep my turkey from drying out?
“When roasting the whole bird, the key is to cook the legs longer than the breast,” Tommy says. “Once the breast is cooked, remove the bird from the oven, remove the legs and then put them back in. This stops the breasts drying out.”
How many minutes per pound do you cook the turkey?
Calculate turkey cooking time and temperature. The simplest way to figure out turkey roasting times is to calculate 13 minutes per pound at 350°F for an unstuffed turkey (that’s about 3 hours for a 12- to 14-lb. turkey), or 15 minutes per pound for a stuffed turkey.
What temperature should I grill my turkey?
- For me, the optimum cooking temperature for turkey on a grill is medium, about 325°F.
- Using a raised cooking grid or using an indirect grilling set up will help gently cook your turkey all the way through.
What size turkey will fit in Weber?
Weber Kettle Turkey Size Capacities
The 18.5 inch kettle can grill one turkey breast or a whole turkey up to 10.5 pounds. The 22.5 inch Weber will accommodate two breasts or a whole turkey up to 21 pounds. The big 26.75 inch kettle can handle a whole turkey up to 24 pounds or three breasts.
How do you BBQ a Christmas turkey?
Roast the turkey on the barbecue for 10–15 minutes. Then baste and lay the bacon over the breast. Baste again and put back on the barbecue with the lid closed. Cook for about 2 3/4 hours (or 30 mins per kg) basting occasionally.
How long does it take to rotisserie a turkey on a grill?
Start motor; adjust turkey if necessary so it remains balanced for even cooking. Grill turkey, moderating burner if necessary to keep grill temperature at 350°, 10 to 15 minutes per pound or until thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh reads 180° (about 2 to 2 1/2 hours).
What can you cook on a Weber rotisserie?
Here are some ideas for your next rotisserie dinner:
- Prime Rib: Grilling a prime rib is a no-brainer. The flavor and texture beats anything out of the oven. …
- Ribs: Yes, ribs. …
- Turkey: If you can rotisserie a chicken, you can rotisserie a turkey. …
- Pineapple: The rotisserie handles more than dinner, it tackles dessert too.
How do you get crispy skin on a rotisserie turkey?
- Dry the bird with paper towels, then roast.
- Rub with baking powder mixture.
- Air-dry for 24 hours.
- Air-dry and baste during roasting.