Throughout the spring, this became a favorite quick dish of mine. It is very easy to prepare, absolutely delicious and super clean. I ate it frequently for dinner, but it would make a terrific breakfast as well if you have some time to wait for the vegetables to roast! You can vary the vegetables with what is in season for you and create something new every time!
Roasted Asparagus and Potato with Egg (makes 3 servings)
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 1 lb. small, red potatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 farm eggs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. line a baking sheet with foil.
- Scrub your potatoes and chop them into 1-2 ” dice
- Toss the potatoes with half the olive oil and distribute on the baking sheet evenly.
- Roast the potatoes for approximately 15 minutes.
- Toss the asparagus spears with the remaining olive oil and add to the baking sheet.
- Roast the vegetables for about 10 minutes more or until the asparagus are done to your liking (I like them just a bit browned).
- While the vegetables finish, cook three eggs, sunny side up.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and distribute on three plates. Top each plate with one egg.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve!