Well, we’ve been out of commission for over a week due to events that absorbed all my extra time, but now we are back with another week of healthy, locavore goodness! The weather is turning cooler after some unseasonably warm temperatures, so our menu is gearing up for fall again! I made some delicious chicken noodle and vegetable soup this week using homemade stock from our freezer and leftover chicken and vegetables. And, we are getting some wonderful, fresh fall greens this week along with locally produced bratwurst– yum!
Enjoy your fall cooking! Hope you are finding wonderful vegetables and fruits at your markets right now!
- The Produce Box (organic yellow squash, bokchoi, tatsoi, Swiss chard, turnips, kohrabi, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, apples, cabbage, and bratwurst): $50.25
- Farmhand Foods (small flank steak): $6.00
- Homestead Harvest Farm (eggs): $5.00
- Trader Joes (mushrooms, frozen fruit, yogurt, steel cut oats, almond milk): $33.64
This Week’s Menu
- Wednesday–Egg salad sandwiches, apple slices
- Thursday–Homemade chicken noodle soup, grilled cheese
- Friday–Stir fried greens w/beef and spicy peanut sauce
- Saturday–Swiss chard w/mushrooms and eggs
- Sunday–Roasted whole bluefish, roasted broccoli, sauteed yellow squash
- Monday–Braised cabbage, turnip and apples with bratwurst
- Tuesday–Leftover buffet