You know that song, “Life in the Fast Lane?” We’ll, I’m definitely not living the boozy, drug life the Eagles sang about, but life sure has gone back into hyper drive. Ellie is back in school, the fall sports season is cranking up, Tom and I are training for our first ever half marathon and we have some family crises to negotiate. So this week, I am planning our meals, but I’m not entirely sure we’ll get to eat them all. We may have some carryover into next week (thank goodness for the freezer!).
Our budget is way over. Again. That seems so crazy to me because we aren’t even eating much meat and we saved a lot by buying a whole fish to roast instead of fillets. But, there it is. Thankfully, we’ll have some carryover sweet potatoes and maybe tomatoes for next week!
- La Farm Bakery (bread): $4.50
- The Produce Box (sweet potatoes, sweet onions, organic cherry tomatoes, okra, pink eye field peas, watermelon, eggplant, mixed peppers, heirloom tomatoes, mozzarella): $46.45
- Locals Seafood (shrimp, whole Spanish Mackerel): $18.96
- Homestead Harvest Farm (eggs): $5.00
- Hillsborough Cheese Company (feta): $4.00
- Other vendors (peaches, kale): $8.00
- Trader Joes (Shredded cheese, black beans, lemons, rice, organic chicken, oranges, proscuitto, frozen fruit, almond milk): $46.53
- Wednesday–Grilled Caprese sandwiches with homemade pickles
- Thursday–Sweet potato, black bean and chorizo pizza
- Friday–Roasted tomato and feta shrimp over rice
- Saturday–Oven roasted fish with field peas, okra and tomatoes
- Sunday–Citrus chicken with leftover field pea mix
- Monday–Peach and prosciutto panzanella salad
- Tuesday–Citrus chicken salad with leftover panzanella