I love the July 4th holiday with all it’s patriotic red, white and blue, ice cream, fireworks and fun. It is one of my favorite holidays, which is good because I get to officiate at a July 4th celebration every year! This is great fun and always a summer highlight. But working on July 4th means that I’m not all that excited about cooking when I get home. Mostly, I need a shower and a glass of wine. So our menu this week reflects Tom’s grilling and my make-ahead cold salads. We are still a bit over budget this week, but we splurged on some grass fed, ribeye steaks for the 4th of July–I think it’s worth it!
- The Produce Box (fresh garlic, sweet corn, blueberries, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, onion, Bibb lettuce): $28.50
- Mae Farm (grass-fed steaks, eggs, ground beef): $27.00
- Other market (peaches): $7.00
- Trader Joes (taco shells, organic chicken thighs, yogurt, frozen fruit, almond milk, wine, cream cheese): $47.95
- Wednesday–Tuna sandwiches
- Thursday–Grilled steaks, potato salad, grilled eggplant, peach cobbler
- Friday–Tuna and white bean salad
- Saturday–Grilled chicken and peaches, farmer’s market pasta salad
- Sunday–Pimento cheese ravioli with onion and crispy prosciutto
- Monday–Southwestern vegetable pizza
- Tuesday–Taco night!