I love going to Disney World. I know it’s all manufactured happiness, but sometimes I really need that. Walking mascots to hug? I’m in. Lunch with princesses? Absolutely. Fake safari rides? Save me a seat.
Two of my favorite treats at Disney are the chocolate-covered vanilla ice cream pops in the shape of Mickey’s head and a frozen pineapple sorbet-ish treat called a Dole Whip. The ingredients in a Dole Whip are not very nutritious, but I’ve made my own ice pops to taste just like them–but without the sugar overload and preservatives. Now I can try to recreate the happiest place on earth in my own kitchen.
It’s a small world, after all…
Pineapple Whip Ice Pops (makes 10, 3 ounce popsicles) One ice pop has 49 calories, 0.3 grams of fat and 39% of your daily recommended amount of vitamin C.
- 1 lb. fresh, chopped pineapple (or frozen)
- 1/2 cup vanilla or honey flavored organic Greek yogurt
- 1-2 cups soy milk (exact amount will depend on how juicy your pineapple is)
- Put pineapple, yogurt and 1 cup of soy milk in a high powered blender. Blend until very smooth. Add more soy milk if needed to thin the mixture enough to blend.
- Pour mixture into ice pop molds. Freeze 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Unmold and create your own happy place.