The blackberries are here! The blackberries are here! I am so glad to see blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, peaches and melons all making their market appearances this week!!! And corn. Yum. This is the time of year I just eat myself into oblivion.
This week’s budget takes advantage of some wonderful produce that is available, as well as some lovely, locally made pimento cheese ravioli! I hope to be posting the recipes for the fish, spicy blackberry sauce and eggplant this week, so watch for them!
Our budget this week is over by $11.71, but we are out of some key staples like organic cane sugar, kosher salt and olive oil, so we are stocking up this week. Thank goodness for Trader Joes!
- The Produce Box (grape tomatoes, eggplant, ORGANIC: blackberries, blueberries, chard, yellow potatoes, string beans, beets): $39.50
- Melina’s Pasta (pimento cheese ravioli): $6.00
- Hillsborough Cheese Company (mozzarella): $6.00
- Mae Farm (brats): $8.00
- Locals Seafood (red drum fillets): $18.00
- Trader Joes (prosciutto, frozen fruit, yogurt, butter, Parmesan cheese, organic cane sugar, salt, olive oil, Ezekiel bread): $34.21
- Wednesday–Leftover pasta with cauliflower sauce
- Thursday–Working late
- Friday–Roasted beet salad with goat cheese
- Saturday–Fish with cherry tomatoes, green beans, potatoes
- Sunday–Healthy eggplant “lasagna”
- Monday–Grilled brats with blackberry ketchup, roasted potatoes
- Tuesday–Pimento cheese ravioli with crispy prosciutto and pecans