Our little family is unbelievably busy this spring! Between softball, Girl Scouts and homework, our evenings are chock full of activity. Rather than drive myself to distraction trying to race home and cook a big supper, we are focusing on easy, healthy meals that are also quick to prepare.
We are right at our budget of $100.00 this week. While we aren’t spending a lot more at the farmer’s markets, staples that we buy at the grocery sure have gone up! Have you noticed this as well? Yikes!
Most of our budget for week 19 went to The Produce Box. I have to say, they pulled out the stops this week. I’ve never had local, fresh bamboo shoots! They take a bit of preparation, but it will be fun to try something new. We will also have fresh snap peas and local goat cheese from Hillsborough Cheese Company. Can’t wait!!!
Speaking of excitement, SOLE Food Kitchen now has a Facebook page! Click HERE to find us on Facebook and “like” us if you want to get more SOLE Food goodness!
- The Produce Box (strawberries, spring onions, spring garlic, romaine lettuce, tomato, purple and green asparagus, bamboo shoots, snap peas and herbed goat cheese): $47.50
- Trader Joes (roast beef, chicken thighs, prosciutto, rice, frozen fruit, yogurt, soymilk): $38.53
- Mitchell Family Pantry (jam, salsa, pickles, roasted tomato sauce): $14.00
- Wednesday–Scrambled farm egg burritos with homemade salsa
- Thursday–Roast beef wraps with herbed goat cheese spread, strawberry/pineapple salad
- Friday–Grilled cheese and jam sandwiches, green salad, strawberry cobbler
- Saturday–Chicken and vegetable stir fry with organic rice, leftover cobbler
- Sunday–Pasta with asparagus and prosciutto in a goat cheese sauce, Linzer muffins
- Monday–Chicken salad sandwiches, homemade pickles
- Tuesday–Asparagus soup, salad
Have a happy and healthy week ahead!