I’m typically not the kind of person who needs pats on the back. At work, I’m very self-directed and I get a lot of joy in doing things, regardless of whether anyone else is paying attention. So it’s doubly nice (and somewhat surprising) when some kind person swoops in out of nowhere and gives me some very nice feedback!
Thank you to Our Little Family Adventure for bestowing the Liebster Award on Sole Food Kitchen! What a nice way to start a Monday!
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
So here are the Liebster Award rules:
- Post 11 things about yourself.
- Answer the questions that the tagger/nominator has posted for you.
- Create 11 questions and choose (nominate) 11 up and coming blogs and link them in the post.
- Go to their page and tell them.
11 Things About Me
- My family is the most important thing in my life. They are awesome.
- Cooking is therapeutic for me. Cleaning up? Not so much.
- I hate clowns. Don’t try to convince me–it is the way it is.
- I am totally jealous of moms who get to parent full time.
- I often belt out the soundtrack from Wicked when driving alone.
- I need a car with better sound insulation to protect others from my singing.
- Bossy. I am very bossy when I need to be.
- Babies, puppies and sappy Hallmark commercials make me cry.
- My will stipulates that my ashes be spread in Corniglia, Italy. I hope they don’t mind.
- The most common phrase I utter at work right now is “Are you kidding me???” Usually, they are not.
- Truth is stranger than fiction. See remarks above.
Here are the questions posed to me:
- What’s your favorite quote? “It is what it is, but it will become what you make of it.” Pat Summit
- If you could vacation anywhere, where would you go? Italy–specifically hiking in the Cinque Terre
- What is one food you would like to learn to cook? Artichokes
- How would you answer, “I wish I knew how to….”? Sing well
- How do you pamper yourself? I’m not sure I know the answer to that question.
- What is the best piece of advice you ever received? Honor your word.
- What is your favorite color? Green–the color of new plants!
- What is your favorite time of year and why? I love spring because it is full of possibilities. And the bunnies haven’t eaten my garden yet.
- Why did you decide to start a blog? I was excited about our family journey and wanted to share what we were learning.
- If you could have anything for dinner tonight, what would it be? Pasta and a glass of wine, overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.
- What is one thing you’d like to learn to do this year? Illustrate the children’s book that is sitting on my laptop.
I’ll be sending this award on to others in the coming week. Watch for it!
Thanks again to Our Little Family Adventure! Check out their blog!