Danielle Nierenberg and Ellen Gustafson from Food Tank (the food think tank), wrote this great piece on new years resolutions for a better food system (click HERE for the article). Here is a summary, but definitely check out the full article!
- Ways we can improve our food system in 2013:
- Grow more food in cities
- Create better access to sustainable food
- Demand healthier food
- Cook at home more
- Share meals with others
- Eat more vegetables
- Waste less food
- Involve young people in farming and cooking
- Protect workers
- Love your farmers
- Recognize the role of governments
- Shift the focus from higher yield to great quality
- Fix the broken food system
What are your new years resolutions?