Medium well: Cook patty on one side for three minutes. Turn it over and cook for an additional six minutes. Well done: Cook patty on one side for three minutes. Turn it over and cook for an additional seven minutes.
How do you grill a medium well burger?
How Long to Grill Burgers
- For rare burgers, cook for 4 minutes total (125°F)
- For medium-rare burgers, cook for 5 minutes total (135°F)
- For medium burgers, cook for 6 to 7 minutes total (145°F)
- For well-done burgers, cook for 8 to 9 minutes total (160 °F)
How long do I cook burgers on the grill for medium well?
Here’s exactly how long to grill your burgers
- For a well-done burger, grill for 7 minutes per side.
- For a medium-well burger, grill for 6 minutes per side.
- For a medium burger, grill for 5 minutes per side.
- For a medium-rare burger, grill for 4 minutes per side.
- For a rare burger, grill for 3 minutes per side.
How long do you grill burgers at 400?
Next, heat grill to medium high heat (about 350-400°F). Place burger patties on the hot grill and close lid. Sear for 2-3 minutes or until you see browning and grill marks. Gently flip the burgers and grill an additional 2-3 minutes for rare, 4-5 minutes for medium-rare or 6-7 minutes for medium well.
How do you grill burgers on a propane grill?
Grill the burgers:
- Turn the propane on, then ignite the burners to high heat. …
- Close the lid and heat the grill until it reaches about 400 degrees. …
- While the grill heats, form (4) 1/4 pound burger patties into an even 1/2″ thickness. …
- Close the lid and cook until the burgers reach the desired doneness.
How do you tell if a burger is medium-well?
A medium burger has an internal temperature of 140°F (60°C); A medium-well burger has an internal temperature of 155°F (68°C); A well-done burger has an internal temperature of 160°F (71°C).
Do you close the grill when cooking burgers?
If you’re grilling quick-cooking foods such as burgers, thin steaks, chops, fish, shrimp, or sliced vegetables directly over the flames, you can leave the grill open. … But when you grill thicker steaks, bone-in chicken, or whole roasts you’ll want the lid down, especially when you’re cooking with indirect heat.
Should I grill burgers with the lid open or closed?
When cooking burgers on a gas grill with the lid open it will take longer for the burgers to cook. You are losing heat when you open the lid, just like when you open your oven door. … If you decide to leave the lid closed from the beginning it will allow heat to build which will make the burgers cook more quickly.
How long does it take to grill a half pound burger?
IF USING A GRILL: Heat a gas grill to high or heat coals in a charcoal grill until they glow bright orange and ash over. Brush the burgers with the oil. Grill the burgers until golden brown and slightly charred on the first side, about 3 minutes for beef and 5 minutes for turkey. Flip over the burgers.
What temp are burgers medium-well?
140°F is medium, 150°F is medium-well, and over 160°F is well done. The FDA recommends cooking all ground beef to 160°F, though we don’t suggest cooking it much above that, or it will become dry and not very tasty.
How long do you grill 1 inch thick burgers?
Here’s a guide for the cook time and temperature of one-inch-thick burger patties:
- Medium-rare (warm, red center): 6 minutes, or 130 to 135°
- Medium (warm, pink center): 7 to 8 minutes, or 140 to 145°
- Medium-well (hot, slightly pink center): 9 minutes, or 150 to 155°
How long do you cook burgers at 350?
Bake at 350° until a thermometer reads 160°, about 20 minutes, turning once. Serve on buns with lettuce.
How long does it take to grill hamburgers on a propane grill?
Grill your burgers for 6 minutes on one side and then flip. Grill hamburgers for an additional 6 minutes or until the internal temperature is between 140 and 145ºF. The center of the burgers will be pink and warm.
What temperature to grill burgers on gas grill?
Grill temp for burgers
When grilling burgers, you want the grill temperature to be around medium-high to high heat, which is around 375 to 400 degrees F. Many gas grills have built in thermometers, but often they tend to be not super reliable.
What temperature should I cook burgers at?
Grill Temperature for Burgers
Generally, burgers should be cooked on Medium-High (approximately 375 degrees) to High (400 degrees). Most gas grills have a built in thermometer to monitor the heat but you can buy a grill thermometer for charcoal grills too.